Kay Hagan Votes for Budget, Health Reform

Despite her criticism of President Obama’s budget proposals last week, Senator Kay Hagan joined the majority in the Senate to vote for a budget that includes Obama’s major initiatives – including a major down payment on health reform. The Senate’s version of the budget cuts some spending Obama proposes along with some of his proposed tax cuts. However, Obama’s ideas on health care, college affordability, and combating global warming are all preserved. Glad to see the Senator overcame her initial reluctance to voting for the bill.

1. Ken Rose

April 3, 2009 at 5:03 pm

I am pleased to see Senator Hagan has voted for the budget. At the same time, I hate to see her joining with Senator Burr in fighting FDA regulation of tobacco, using the lame excuse that FDA doesn’t have the resources to do its job now. Give FDA the resources and get the job done!

2. Adam Searing

April 3, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Yes, I agree – that is disappointing.

3. incomm65

April 4, 2009 at 1:43 am

Hows all that Hope and Change working out for you.

4. Somethings Rotten At PBS

April 6, 2009 at 12:41 pm

T.R. Reid will be on Thom Hartmann today on WCHL

5. IBXer

April 6, 2009 at 3:07 pm

I just hope someone can change Obama’s mind about wrecking our economy and standing in the world before it’s too late.

6. Adam Searing

April 6, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Looks to me like just the opposite is happening.

7. jbj

April 24, 2009 at 3:26 pm

I am sorry that Sen. Hagan has choosen to pass the President’s budget. I think she made a mistake and this is my reason why:

With the economy in its current state, we need to focus on resolving the problems in the economy first, i.e. banks, auto industry and housing market as we HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FINAL COSTS WILL BE. We can not undertake health care, environment and other issues until we resolve these vital issues. We need the American people to focus on the above issues to find solutions before undertaking additional problems. If we attempt to take on too much, mistakes will be made that will have an adverse effect down the road.

We need to provide sufficent funds to cover next year fiscal year, but no more until we know where the banking industry, auto industry, and housing market stand. The American public will agree to this and support it. If Congress passes the President’s budget like they passed the Stimulus Bill, which WENT UNREAD, then we are in this recession for a much longer period than anyone thought.

Signed: JBJ from Western North Carolina

8. Adam Searing

April 24, 2009 at 3:29 pm

JBJ – Congress already passed their versions of the budget that included the key Obama priorities on expanded health care, access to college, and climate change. Given Obama’s continuing huge national approval rating both nationally and in North Carolina, you may want to rethink your assumptions.

9. njl western north carolina

May 16, 2009 at 10:11 pm

I can not suport kay hagan supporting abama’s health care plan. we do not know anything about it and it is not allowed to be debated. I do not want a health care program like the other socalistic country’s. We have the best health care in the world. we just need to help people who had trouble getting health care. The government will ruin our health care. Besides anyone who goes to the hospital is not turned away. My doctor has to treat patients in the hospital and not get paid. The government is too big to run anything. They sent 10,000 dead people stimulus checks. Please leave our health care system in place with a possibes few changes to help people who cannot help themselves.
    I have been very dissappointed in her.