Bring The Message of Health Care Reform Home

Next week our Representatives to Congress and Senators will be back in North Carolina. I for one will be paying them visits and I encourage those of you who want health reform to visit or call.
My stakes have risen in the last two weeks. I found out I not only have Multiple Sclerosis but I have Primary Progressive the form the new drugs do nothing for. There is no treatment or cure. I just find it harder to walk a little at a time. I am scared for my future. I used to do manual labor. I have done sheet metal, and plumbing, HVAC, and worked with animals. I fear the financial aspects more than the threat of a wheel chair. I do not relish anyone taking care of me. Health reform is not an interesting political exercise for me it is about my life. I am discouraged but I am not giving up not on myself and not health care reform. I know many of us have made many calls, sent many letters and e-mails, and visited. It is important to let our elected officials know we still care about this important issue.

1. Adam Linker

February 12, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Thanks Alex — you’re a great advocate.

2. uberVU - social comments

February 12, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by HealthPolicyHub: The Progressive Pulse: Advocate with MS, “I fear the financial aspects more than the threat of a wheel chair.” http://ow.ly/16Ok9

3. Chicago liposuction

February 13, 2010 at 7:08 am

I could not agree more.
    There are places in this country and other parts of the so called “modern” world, that have made it a crime to treat one’s own children at home. The level of greed and arrogance that has made these laws possible is ridiculous!

4. The Health Dude

February 15, 2010 at 9:10 am

While health is wealth most of our people no good health and it is the reality that they have no wealth to keep health well. To keep good health we also need wealth. Health is wealth? Not always that!

5. IBXer

February 15, 2010 at 11:11 am

So your plan is to have the government take over healthcare and ensure a cure is never found?

Brilliant.

6. Carrot top

February 15, 2010 at 9:11 pm

IBXer, I don’t understand your misplaced anger at those who are attempting to make improvements in their life, whether it be an advocate for health care reform or someone sharing exactly why they seek the reform. Are you that cynical about everything?

If so, I hope you find an appropriate outlet for these misplaced emotions.