NC Congressman: Arizona anti-illegal immigration law ‘justified’

North Carolina Congressman Walter B. Jones is expressing support for Arizona’s new anti-illegal immigration law.jones

On Monday, Rep. Jones (NC-3) released the following statement:

“Given all the problems Arizona has with illegal aliens, I believe this bill is completely justified,” said Jones.  “Arizona is doing what is necessary to protect its citizens and this is a good step toward getting a handle on illegal immigration and all the problems associated with it.”

The measure that Governor Jan Brewer signed into law last Friday makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally. The legislation would make the failure to carry immigration documents a crime, and would also require police officers to question those they suspect are illegal immigrants.

Jones said he hoped Arizona’s actions will “wake up” the Obama Administration and Congress of the need to provide better funding for the Border Patrol.

1. Adam Linker

April 26, 2010 at 4:44 pm

2. Elizabeth B.

April 26, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I am not anti immigration. I am anti “illegal” immigration. If I have to follow laws and rules, so should everyone else. If I break a law, I go to jail. I am held accountable for my actions. Why aren’t illegal immigrants held to the same standards as citizens? I hear about their rights, but what about mine? My family came here legally in the 1900′s. They had to have a sponsor, a job waiting, and it was made clear that they would not be able to collect any benefits. They waited 4 years to get here “legally”. When they got here, they assimilated. And my grandfather told me stories about how they were treated when they got here. It wasn’t pretty. If only they had been treated then the way illegals are treated now. If we just enforced the laws already on the books, we wouldn’t need immigration reform. But opinions are like &%*holes, everyone has one. This just happens to be mine.

3. [...] The Progressive Pulse – NC Congressman: Arizona anti-illegal … [...]

4. Adam Linker

April 26, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Elizabeth — I’m not sure how your rights are being violated. I agree that we need immigration reform. I’m not sure what any of this has to do with Arizona’s new law.

5. [...] View full post on “Behind the Arizona Immigration Law:GOP Game to Swipe the November Election” and related… [...]

6. Jack

April 26, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I got a feeling people of European descent in Arizona won’t be asked to show their papers any time soon.

7. James Protzman

April 26, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Elizabeth, my ancestors came here to North America thousands of years ago. Tens of thousands of them were massacred by white invaders from Europe.

This land isn’t your land. We’re all just passing through.

8. [...] full post on “Behind the Arizona Immigration Law:GOP Game to Swipe the November Election” and related… Related Posts:NY Times spin on the Arizona anti-illegal immigration lawObama Blasts Arizona Illegal [...]

9. stopdainsanity2

April 26, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Children are Watching

by stopdainsanity2

When I entered kindergarten – I was put into a class for the mentally retarded. Because my skin was brown my teacher assumed I did not speak English and required special bilingual support which was not available at the time. Yes – I was a Mexican-American citizen child.

It literally took 2 weeks for my parents to force the school to place me in the mainstream kindergarten class — even though I could respond to questions in English. At the time if was easier for frustrated- overworked teachers (not bad people), who felt school district should have a place for spanish speaking children to learn (reasonable), to send me to the special needs class – no questions asked – based on my skin color. Although the error was corrected, as a child I never lost the feeling I was not welcomed and somehow my rights as a citizen were not equal to those of white americans. Be careful – children are watching.

10. Brittanicus

April 26, 2010 at 11:33 pm

This unmatched chaos caused by decades of unimportance as seen by both political parties over illegal immigration. In this firestorm of an issue we need to enact immediately the following measures to stabilize our nation’s immigration enforcement. This is specifically come to the surface after the bloody murder of Robert Krentz, rancher and landowner, with the upsurge in deaths of border Patrol agents and illegal aliens. 1. Deploy the National Guard permanently–fully armed along the border from San Diego, CA to Brownville, Texas. 2. Make it a felony with prison time for any employer not using the computer application E-Verify, to identify all workers on the payroll. This program will improve nationwide impact of self-deportation by ATTRITION, over the coming years for unlawful labor. 3. To terminate decades of unprecedented billions of dollars of debt for support of illegal immigrants on taxpayers. Read what Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX) has to say about what taxpayers are forced to pay for 20 to 30 million illegal immigrants at–THE DAILY CALLER WEBSITE.

Reestablish the legality of instant citizenship to babies born to an illegal parent or parents in federal court. 4. Make absolutely sure that any incumbent of both parties, starting with Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) is thrown out of office this year. Send this searing message to–ALL–pro illegal immigrant, Pro-amnesty politicians that America will not stand any longer lawmakers that are for sale to the highest bidder. 5. Those elected will re-fence the border as two separate barriers, with an open tracking area in between for the movement of National Guardsman accompanying the US Border patrol with full funding. That lawmakers who are supposedly there to represent every citizen and permanent resident possessing a green card, appropriate the money to seal the border from illegal entry. That these same elected officials have already spent $445 Billion dollars in taxpayer’s money in supporting some distant foreign government in Afghanistan; they therefore can easily appropriate funds for the correctly designed border fence.

As a patriotic people we will voice our vehemence that we will join the war against any type of Comprehensive Immigration Reform. That contains in any shape or form a citizenship path, for those who stole into America. THERE WILL BE NO AMNESTY–NO PARDON FOR CRIMINALS WHO IGNORE OUR LAWS. We are not the financial, free-handout for foreign labor, which cannot support those entering America illegally. Arizona is the first state with a backbone that has been financial crippled by welfare payments to illegal alien families. Its undercurrent caused by the rising crime rate never seen to this extent before. Violence on a grand scale has flowed across the Rio Grande from the illicit drug industry. Exhaustion of the local police in Phoenix and other communities unable to handle the daily homicides, kidnappings, home invasions, predatory smuggling people and the narcotics trade.

Any state, county city, town or public servant that boycotts the exceptional state of Arizona, should be black-listed. Hopefully–Americans will donate (however small) money to Arizona if the Governor Jan brewer gets sued. Perhaps a good patriotic American will arrange a website for everybody to give money in the immediate future? If and when it happens my check will be waiting…? If that happens Americans will boycott companies that hire illegal immigrants and that I will add–ONE–company hiring foreign labor to my blogs.

NUMBERSUSA–is the website for the legal people of this country, so you can fight this illegal immigrant epidemic–with over a MILLION–members. We are here to tell the–TRUTH–not lies or well-honed rhetoric as the Far-Left liberals, hidden inside the Democratic Party, not from the Liberal editors of national press at the, Huffington Post, New York Times or the Los Angeles Times and others.

11. Zeb

April 26, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Arizona – Doing the Work the Feds Refuse to Do

Arizona, by enacting a strict illegal immigration law has decided it wants less murders, kidnappings, assaults, rapes, human smuggling, drop houses, home invasions, drugs, welfare recipients; and fewer illegitimate users of their schools, health care and judicial systems. What’s not to like and cheer on about that?

MUCH MORE at: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/04/arizona_just_doing_the_job_the.html

12. jtabs73

April 27, 2010 at 10:28 am

I don’t believe that anyone is really in favor of illegal immigration, the question is weather or not the Arizona solution is appropriate and it just doesn’t pass muster on a rational basis much less on a constitutional one.

13. NCBeachdude

April 27, 2010 at 2:37 pm

How do we the people of NC, petetion our State Legislature to do the same action as Arizona? We have just as much a problem with illegal immigrants. I have been all over our state and have heard peoples reactions, most which have been in favor of the State of Arizona and want the same here.

14. susan johnson

April 28, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Thank you for backing this bill but how do you feel about Puerto Rico who’s about to loose it’s sovereignty to the United States? Isn’t this a move that the Progressives set up in order to enforce income taxes for more revenue for the US? And I hate to say this but this is the truth…………nobody in Washington really cares about a budget anymore. It’s about getting as much as you can and get out,abandon ship and the American People are the ones going down with it. Please let Puerto Rico continue as is….by not being a state.THEY REALLY DON’T WANT THE US TAXING THEM LIKE THEY DO US.LET’S LEAVE THEM BE.

15. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by NC Business Network. NC Business Network said: NC Congressman: Arizona anti-illegal immigration law 'justified' http://bit.ly/9ufmdH [...]

16. Fed up

May 27, 2010 at 10:55 am

Go to this site and e-mail your Reps.