The latest NC Policy Watch Carolina Issues Poll results are in. They show:
- Strong voter support for Governor Perdue’s position in the current stalemate over the extension on unemployment benefits,
- A preference for leaving taxes at current rates rather than cutting essential services,
- Support for accepting high speed rail dollars,
- Support for requiring community colleges to make low-cost federal loans available to students,
- Overwhelming opposition to raising interest rates on consumer loans, and
- Support for removing roadblocks to the reintegration into society of ex-criminal offenders.