GOP legislator pays jobless worker $8 for yard work, chides her in email

Rep. Stephen LaRoque, a Kinston Republican, was the subject of this Huffington Post story earlier this afternoon, where it reported he paid one of the 46,000 jobless workers without unemployment benefits $8-an-hour to do yard work at his house.

The Huffington Post story gave mention to a testy email exchange Treadway and LaRoque had on Thursday. Scroll down this post to read the content of that email.

Kathryn “Cinnamon” Treadway spoke to N.C. Policy Watch as well today, and said she only did an hour’s worth of work because LaRoque wanted her to haul away large tree limbs and other heavy manual labor that she didn’t think she could physically do on such a hot day.

“He did give me $8 for the hour I was there, and that covered the gas to get there and back,” she said. “It was embarrassing; I was embarrassed to go to this man’s house who was obviously wealthy. I was the valedictorian of my high school and here I am, sitting here picking weeds out of his yard for $8 an hour.”

Treadway and her husband, who lost his welding job as well, have been without any income since April 16, when extended benefits were stopped over a fight between state leaders about the state budget. A graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill and medical transcriber, Treadway said she’s applied to all types of jobs at chicken processing plants to fast food restaurants and gotten no calls back.

The couple and their two children were evicted from their apartment in March and are now living in Goldsboro with her parents.

The email between LaRoque and Treadway is below, unedited other than to remove home addresses and provided by Treadway to N.C. Policy Watch:

Subject: RE: Please reinstate unemployment benefits now.
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 11:51:46 -0400
From: Stephen.LaRoque@ncleg.net
To: cinnster@live.com

If you really meant that you would be willing to work in my yard, then plan to come tomorrow morning.   I’ll pay $8 per hour.  Let me know if you are serious.

From: Cinnamon Treadway [mailto:cinnster@live.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:40 AM
To: Rep. Stephen LaRoque
Subject: RE: Please reinstate unemployment benefits now.

For your information sir, I can pass a drug test and am not opposed to manual labor.  If your yard happens to be within 20 miles of Goldsboro, by all means I’ll be over there with a rake and shovel first thing tomorrow morning.  But there you go, stereotyping.  If “anyone” could find a job, sir, then we wouldn’t have an unemployment rate of over 9% now would we?  The tone of my email is based on the fact that I have had no income for 6 weeks.  To say the least, I’m a little stressed.  Try placing yourself in my shoes for an instant and imagining having no money or benefits for 6 weeks.  I am not too good to work anywhere.  I have applied at McDonald’s, Ihop, Jiffylube, Wal-Mart, even Tire services places, etc.  The fact is sir, you don’t know me either.  And the problem is, none of you are WILLING to know any of us.  You act like we are just lazy.  Easy to say when, like you say I am, you make presumptions about me.  Your darn right I’m angry.  Angry that instead of passing a clean bill, you attach it to a budget that has nothing to do with it, and then to keep yourselves from looking like the total jackasses that you are, you moan and groan that you did the best you can and it’s “our governor” who is holding it up.  It’s hogwash.  You know it, and I know it, and so do a lot others.  I haven’t threatened you in any way, shape or form.  My point is, the bill for extended benefits is already there.  All it it needs is a clean bill to pass.  It is not state’s money.  Why not just pass it and end the suffering of thousands of people?  If you’re truly interested in helping me find a job, then why would you not ask me about my level of experience, my education, etc, rather than just googling it on the internet and finding a few job availabilities in Wayne County and emailing them to me?  That’s all you did.  My attitude is not always like this.  I certainly wouldn’t go to work acting angry, but I guarantee you if my boss told me sorry, you won’t get a paycheck for 6 weeks, then yeah, my attitude might become a bit more harsh.  But you’re darn right I’m fed up at this point with the he said/she said BS that is going back and forth between the Dems and the Repubs.  No one cares that people are LOSING everything.  All it is is this little game that the good ol’ boys are playing.  And I have voted republican for years.  Never again.  And I type over 65 words a minute, so if you honestly think this little 5 minute email conversation is somehow keeping me from looking for work, then you are bananas sir, simply bananas.

Subject: RE: Please reinstate unemployment benefits now.
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 11:19:21 -0400
From: Stephen.LaRoque@ncleg.net
To: cinnster@live.com

I was trying to help you with suggestions.  Most anyone can find a job if they can pass a drug test and are physically able to work.  I have tried to find people to do yard work but it seems most are too good for manual labor.  Based on the tone of your email it is not difficult to see why you can’t find a job.  With the attitude and rancor you have just exhibited I would Not expect anyone to hire you.  It is offensive for you to say with my “money and influence” I would have a better chance of finding a job.  You don’t know me or my financial condition.  I am self-employed so I risk my financial condition everyday trying to earn a living.  When I was unemployed, I went out and found a job…Any Job.  I wasn’t bad mouthing elected officials and making threats towards them…I didn’t have time because I was busy looking for work.  It’s not my fault you are out of work and it’s not my fault you don’t have extended unemployment benefits.  I didn’t Veto the Bill, your governor did.  Place the blame where it belongs.

From: Cinnamon Treadway [mailto:cinnster@live.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:56 AM
To: Rep. Stephen LaRoque
Subject: RE: Please reinstate unemployment benefits now.

The last thing I need, sir, is another politician acting as if the problem is that I am not applying for jobs.  I can assure you this is not the problem.  When I applied at Sanderson Farms, they were so inundated with applicants that the NCESC (whom I was told to go through) literally wrote my name on a piece of paper with HUNDREDS of other names and disinterestedly told me they would “call me if anything came open”.  To say they’re are 191 job openings is a joke.  I have no experience in that field and for every 200 job openings there are 2000 people applying for that one job, if not more.  What are the chances of a woman whose only experience is that of a secretary being hired at someplace like Sanderson Farms or Goldsboro Milling?  You people are a joke.  You act as if it were that easy.  Like oh, just go find a job, here’s a list.  How about this sir.  How about you find someone willing to hire me and then send me a list of those names.  I’ve been applying and getting rejected for over a year.  Maybe with your money and influence, you would have a better chance. The problem is, the politicians can pass this bill with no skin off their back- it is federal money.  It costs the state nothing.  But in order to forward their own agenda, they continue to discredit and ignore the people who voted them into office.  Do not think for an INSTANT that we will forget what the republicans are doing.  Not an instant.  I have voted republican for most of my life, but this blatant disregard for people’s lives all while you live your life of luxury and really couldn’t care less about your fellow man says it all for what you stand for.  Stop giving the little song and dance of “well we sent the budget through and a fix for the unemployment gap, but the mean ol’ governor veto’d it”  Do you actually think that anyone besides a few crackheads would not be able to see through what you have done?  You are dishonest sir.  You and your party promised to represent us when we needed you and you have failed miserably.  I sincerely hope karma comes around to bite you in the butt when election time comes.  I have a feeling it will.  Have a great day sir.

Kathryn Treadway

Subject: RE: Please reinstate unemployment benefits now.
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:39:13 -0400
From: Stephen.LaRoque@ncleg.net
To: cinnster@live.com

Mrs. Treadway,

I appreciate your email explaining your personal situation.  I’m sorry that you have been unable to find work.  Since you live in Wayne County I would like to suggest that you look into job openings in our area.  We have a new chicken processing plant in Kinston named Sanderson Farms and they currently have 191 openings available according to the web site link below.  Goldsboro Milling is a local Wayne County company that may be hiring but I don’t know that for sure.  Please contact these companies and apply for a job.  I have included a link for employment opportunities below the link for Sanderson Farms.  Have you registered with the local temporary agencies?  Please let me know the results of your contacts with these companies.

Rep. Stephen LaRoque

From: Cinnamon Treadway [mailto:cinnster@live.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:10 AM
To: Rep. Larry Bell; Rep. Stephen LaRoque; Rep. Efton M. Sager; Sen. Louis Pate
Subject: Please reinstate unemployment benefits now.

Dear Leaders:

I know you have heard it a thousand times if you’ve heard it once.  But I have to make my voice heard.  I am one of the 45,000-50,000 individuals now cut off from unemployment benefits.  We have already been evicted from our home and are currently in the process of moving in with my parents; that is my husband and my 2 daughters, in a small 2 bedroom brick home.  We are on our way this morning to apply for food stamps, which I have never had to do in my life and am absolutely mortified.  I have a degree from the University of North Carolina with a BA in English, and even after hundreds, if not thousands of resumes, phone calls, etc., I have had 4 interviews in the last year and a half and none have panned out.  We are on the verge of losing our only vehicle, which we have paid on for 3-1/2 years now, and it is about to be taken from us, leaving us with no transportation to get our children to school, much less get to work should we find jobs.  I am begging you on behalf of our family, before we lose absolutely everything, to please work out a compromise and pass the extension of these benefits to give us more time to try to help ourselves.  We are not just “riding” out the benefits.  I assure you I look every day in the paper, online, by word of mouth, to try and find something to help support my family.  My husband works his butt off but even he cannot support 4 people on 8$ an hour, a car payment and house payment to pay, school, books, sporting events the children are involved in.  I cannot stress enough how much we need YOU right now.  We need you to understand and to help us.  We are begging you to please work together so we can put an end to this mess this has become.  Please reinstate the extended benefits NOW, as soon as you can, so that people like us will not lose what we have left, what we have worked for for years.  All it takes is for both sides to not be hard-headed and realize that it is the time to put that aside and help these people, who are real people.  What if it were your daughters and sons, who had not enough food to eat, nowhere to go, no car to drive, no way to clothe their children?  Please think about how the shoe would feel on the other foot.  Please help us.

Sincerely,

Kathryn D. Treadway

1. [...] is the original post: GOP legislator pays jobless worker $8 for yard work, chides her in … Bookmark It This entry was posted in Money and tagged better-chance, budget, [...]

2. [...] [...]

3. Jack

May 27, 2011 at 4:54 pm

It is a shame that it takes the lose of a job and home and control of one’s life to awaken a Republican to the realities many people face on a day-to-day bases during good and bad economic times.

4. Eric Dondero

May 27, 2011 at 5:00 pm

This comment was removed for inappropriate content.

5. H

May 27, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Eric Dondero, YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON. How about you keep your trap shut until you have been in that position and have some room to talk. GO SCREW YOURSELF!

6. Jack

May 27, 2011 at 5:11 pm

And I thought my comment might be considered harsh.

7. whirledps

May 27, 2011 at 5:16 pm

MORON is much too kind of a word for people like that. I bet even your pet gerbil hates you

8. Judy

May 27, 2011 at 5:16 pm

WOW Eric…how fortunate you are that the pedestal you place yourself on is so mighty high. Your compassion is so astonishing. No doubt this astonishing compassion comes from your concern for your family and friends. It is without a doubt an extreme comfort to your family and friends to know, in advance, the worthy support you will have for them. Blessings to you and to your family.

9. lilulay

May 27, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Eric Dondero is so incredibly intelligent all he can do is insult and use foul language. Way to attract the right element to your cause! I can’t imagine the people that read your publications.

10. EBnow

May 27, 2011 at 5:31 pm

“Eric”/Mr. LaRoque -Poor form my friend.

Kathryn -Way to call his bluff!

If he really wanted you there you wouldn’t have asked you to move a 2000lp tree by yourself.

Thanks for sharing your story!

11. Alida Hartley

May 27, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Wow Eric! I find it hard to believe that ANYONE would read anything published by such a pompous ass as you! What an arrogant piece of crap you are. I am glad you stated the fact that you are a Republican. I’d hate to think there was a Democrat as stupid as you. Why don’t you go clean Mr. LaRoque’s yard for 8 dollars an hour. I bet you don’t even clean your own yard, you probably pay someone else to do it. I’m sure it is beneath you to do manual labor. Is this really Eric Dondero? Mr. Berger, is this you?

12. Eric Dondero

May 27, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Man I wish I knew what I was talking about. Cinnamon is a great woman, and should be commended for attempting to do the work he asked her to.

13. Eric Dondero

May 27, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Man I am tired of being a rich geezer who only think of himself, and others rich like me. Why cant I be a better person and think of those less fortunate.

14. Alida Hartley

May 27, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Yea, why can’t you Eric? If that’s who you are.

15. Eric who

May 27, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Wow!! Such compassion Eric!! Bet its Lacrock saying what he wish he could’ve said. My thoughts are why didn’t that POS do his own yard work? It’s not like he’s busy being a productive member of society……or maybe manual labor is beneath him…….or could be that silver spoon shoved so far up his old ass won’t allow him to bend over enough to actually work. I applaud Mrs. Treadway for calling his bluff and making him look like the fool he is!!

16. Eric who

May 27, 2011 at 6:02 pm

17. Eric who

May 27, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Bet its Lacrock saying what he wish he could’ve said. My thoughts are why didn’t that POS do his own yard work? It’s not like he’s busy being a productive member of society……or maybe manual labor is beneath him…….or could be that silver spoon shoved so far up his old a$$ won’t allow him to bend over enough to actually work. I applaud Mrs. Treadway for calling his bluff and making him look like the fool he is!!

18. Greg Smith

May 27, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Eric it is so easy to be an internet rambo and give a person an online ass whoopin like that all I can say that anyone that would speak to someone out of the blue like that is a complete shallow and immature person sadly your parents failed in parenting otherwise you would not even have the thought cross you mind to speak to another like that.

You are a disgrace and a shame to the republicans and I certainly will not read any publication that comes from such a vile minded person as you. :(

19. Cameron

May 27, 2011 at 7:39 pm

This comment was removed for inappropriate content.

20. Ginny

May 27, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Eric,
    If you haven’t noticed there are not any jobs out there to get. I am not really sure where you have been lately but you might want to get current. Ms Treadway the way I understood it did not have a problem taking the job, she needs to feed her family! He worked her like she was 2 men intentionally so she would fail! She was embarrassed and humiliated! It is hard enough to be in this position without being treated that way! There have been suicides due to people not being able to find work! This man should be ashamed of himself! I know first hand what it feels like and there are times you have a hard time hanging on! Actions like this could have pushed someone over the edge. Do you think for one second we don’t beat ourselves up? I have put in a minimum of 5-20 resumes/applications in each week for the past year and have not been able to find work! The unemployed are not lazy they are unemployed and they also had to become unemployed due to no fault of their own in order to collect unemployment. The unemployed are Republican, Democrat, young old, your neighbor, maybe a friend or family member and one day it could be you! I am not saying that there are not people out there that may play the system but I feel certain based on my own experience that most of us are looking for a way to support our families! You sir should be ashamed of yourself right along with Laroque (if you are not one and the same).

21. Ginny

May 27, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Oh and one more thing, I have worked for the past 33 years and had taxes removed like everyone else.Out 33 years I have collected unemployment ONCE! I have never had a problem finding a job until now.All of us on unemployment are taxpayers too! Like I said we had to become unemployed which means we had jobs and it had to be due to no fault of our own in order to collect unemployment!

22. Admin

May 27, 2011 at 8:38 pm

All, please be respectful of other commenters. Threats and personal attacks toward other commenters will not be tolerated.

Thanks.

23. Cinnamon Treadway

May 27, 2011 at 9:03 pm

THere’s no doubt in my mind that it was Mr. LaRoque himself who left that comment from “Eric”. I’m overweight, so there’s no other way anyone else would have called me a fat ass had they not actually seen me. Way to go LaCOCK. Just showing what a pompous ass you truly are. Can’t wait to spread the word to anyone who will listen. Take care now.

24. susan

May 27, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Cinnamon–you have had 79 weeks to get yourself into shape to do any job that you needed to do. Why didn’t you do it?

Also, Eric is not LaRoque. Click on his name.

25. Eric Dondero

May 27, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Please note there are two comments above that are not from me. Funny how you liberals/communists operate – posting stuff under someone else’s name.

Original post up top by me. The other two not by me.

My cell to confirm 979-848-4575

Eric Dondero – Houston, Texas
    Publisher, LibertarianRepublican.net

26. Eric Dondero

May 27, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Oh, and as far as me being a “rich geezer”, I’m 48, and make about $18,000 a year. US Navy Veteran, graduate Florida State Univ.

27. Ginny

May 28, 2011 at 12:28 am

Susan,
    Its not that simple…..Just a few weeks ago I called regarding a position I applied for, when I spoke with the HR lady she said they would be going through and deciding who to bring in to interview. She then told me that they had already received 433 applicants for the one position and still had 4 days left before the application deadline was over. I imagine there must have been well over 700 applicants for 1 position.I know for sure there were 433 for that 1 position if not one other person applied. I was a licensed insurance agent and lost my license due to not being able to afford the required continuing education, I have applied for many positions including places like WalMart, KMart McDonalds because I need to feed my family and keep a roof over their heads.( I am a single mom) I think that some places won’t hire me because they are afraid if something better comes I will leave and they don’t want to invest the time and money into training. On the other side of that you have so many people going after the positions that are decent that it is the luck of the draw if you are hired. As I said in my post above We are unemployed not lazy and it could happen to anyone. I have 2 very good friends that lost their 100,000 dollar plus jobs and have had to go into their retirement to stay afloat. I am sure it is very easy for you to sit back and judge since you are not in this situation. Trust me this could be you at anytime. Unless you have gone through this or know someone you care about that is going through it you have no idea what it is like! The money I receive from unemployment is less than half of what I was making a week so trust me its not like Im sitting here enjoying life with it, I am juggling the hell out of it to try to keep things from being turned off or taken away! I paid bills on disconnect notices trust me I certainly don’t want to live like that! Now that the money has stopped and still no job I have no idea what I am going to do……Its really hard to live like this but obviously very easy for people to sit back and judge.

28. susan

May 28, 2011 at 12:35 am

Ginny, yes, my sister was a mortgage broker and is one of the 79 weekers–so I fully understand. Have you been doing cardio and lifting weights to get into awesome physical shape so that you can do manual labor?

29. Ginny

May 28, 2011 at 1:46 am

Susan,
    Wow! really? Thats what you meant by your post to Mrs Treadway? I don’t even know what to say to that! I certainly hope that you are not that insensitive to your sister! I have worked as a packer, a plater, I have racked tools to be plated which consists of doing squats for eight hours I have worked in a food processing plant, I have never been afraid of manual or menial labor! Had I known thats what you meant by your comment to her I would not have replied to it, it was just mean spirited. As if it wasn’t bad enough you want to take a personal jab! You will receive no further comments or responses from me. Have a great day!

30. msanonymous222

May 28, 2011 at 8:29 am

Sometimes when you read posts, it takes about 2 seconds to determine who the people are who have it all together even though they and their families are really struggling, and who the people are who seem to have misplaced their marbles.

Reading these particular comments? Took me even less time to play “Spot the Dunderheads.”

31. susan

May 28, 2011 at 9:51 am

Ginny, no need for you to respond because I am sure your answer is no. Can’t say I am surprised.

I am concerned about my sister, and will take her into my home if I need to, however, I know that if she really tried she could have a job. Just like you and Kathryn could.

Msanonymous–I agree 100%.

32. caroline

May 28, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I happen to know Kathryn personally. She has everyone fooled. First, she has been on food stamps for years, has only 1 daughter, and loves to shop till she drops. Nice wigs Cinn. Fool me once, fool me twice… she is bad news and has lied publicly and playing around with the government is bad news. I am literally laughing on how she pulled this one off. Lights, camera, action!

33. The (real) Cinnamon Treadway

May 28, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Uh…this is the real Cinnamon Treadway, and I did not make that comment about Eric getting laid/masturbating (made at 9:15) ..although a bit humorous, I can’t take credit for that.

34. Ginny

May 28, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Is that so Susan? I am registered with several temp agencies, search several job boards, my local and surrounding newpapers, the NCESC site and I ask people everywhere I go if they know anyone hiring. Anytime I meet someone I ask. So, Susan please tell me what else I can do because unlike your sister I don’t have anyone to take me in. Do you honestly believe if I could find a job I would not take it? There are 60,000+ 79 weekers at this point and growing by 2000 every week that is not including the ones that have already fallen off the numbers prior to this situation. That figure does not include anyone still collecting under the original unemployment.There are more than 435,000 people on North Carolina’s unemployment rolls, that number is down from 520,000 from last year according to a news report back in March. This is what keeps me hopeful that I too will find employment. So you really feel that all of these people are somehow fat and lazy? Trust me my days are long and my nights are sleepless most of the time.I don’t want your pity but I don’t need you or anyone else passing judgement, I beat myself up enough! I don’t know you so I don’t really know why your opinion has bothered me so much except maybe its because I needed to let people know that this is not the case! Maybe because I am aware of 2 suicides recently and I don’t want to see people giving up because of things like this.Please, think before you type because your words and judgement could be what sends someone who is really trying over the edge.God Bless you! Have a Great day!

35. JACK W BARNES

May 28, 2011 at 7:07 pm

ID I HAVE EVER SEEN A SET UP THIS IS IT.BESIDES WHO WOULD GIVE ANY CREDENCE TO ANY THING COMING FROM THE HUFFINGTON POST?ALSO TREADWAY IS A FRAUD AND A PLANT.LETS HOPE THE REPUBLICANS ARE PREPARED FOR THIS ONSLAUGHT FROM THE FAR RIGHT.

36. susan

May 29, 2011 at 11:52 pm

Ginny, just get a job, any job.

37. Stephen LaRoque

May 30, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Mrs. Treadway is Lying about what happened. She worked between phone calls for about 30 minutes before telling me she couldn’t do the work. The work consisted of removing dead tomato plants from flower pots and dumping the potting soil into a container. The limbs she was going to be asked to pick up were less than 1 inch in diameter and my 4 year old graddaughter could pick up everyone of them. Mrs. Treadway’s issues are that she is Lazy and not interested in working. She is only interested in getting a check. She lied about her experience at our house Friday. She just wanted her 15 minutes of fame. Unfortunately she derived it dishonestly and she should be ashamed of herself. She is the one who contacted the media about all this not me. She is the one who spent a great deal of time on the phone instead of working. I may have gotten 20 minutes of actual work out of her. Here is an email that was sent to me yesterday:

“Mr. LaRoque, I happen to know this woman personally ¬. Seems like she failed to tell you that she is living indeed with her parents that own and operate Long’s Plant Farm in Wayne County. They live in that home with at least 3 to 4 bedrooms and a very classy swimming pool that would make some hotels look bad. They have been on Food Stamps for at least 3 years and now she wants to make false statements and that does not surprise me one bit. Look into her criminal background ¬. She is a spot lighter and the truth is not in her. Even her hair is fake… geezzzz.

She sounds like someone “working the system”.

38. Stephen LaRoque

May 30, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I have already instructed my legislative assistant to get a criminal background check of Mrs. Treadway and to speak with the various government agencies regarding her. We will get to the bottom of all this.

Mrs. Treadway…I hope you have not defrauded the taxpayers because if you have I can assure you that you will face the consequences.

39. Cinnamon Treadway

May 30, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Mr. LaRoque….the email you apparently got is from my mother in law, Juanita Schirka. We have been going at this for 5 years…it’s nothing new. According to her, I also was impregnated by stealing my husband’s sperm and inserting the contents with a turkey baster. So, I guess we should all believe that as well huh? I have a stack of paperwork here on her over 3 inches thick of her harassment. She has videotaped me, stolen mail from my mailbox, threatened me, and hated me for 5 years. She herself lives in a doublewide with 10 other people, 2 of her grown sons and their wives, her 4 grandchildren, who ALL receive medicaid and food stamps of over 1000 dollars a month. She’s living in a glass mansion throwing stones…For her to contact you is, I assure you sir, no surprise to me.

I have been on food stamps once in my life for 6 months. I have written a few worthless checks and have a driving while license revoked charge as well. Probably a couple of speeding tickets. If that makes me a criminal worthy of having nothing, then you sir, are a mean old meanie, that’s all I have to say. You need to check into your sources. I do live with my mother in a home that was built in 1973. Far from classy. The pool was built in 1980 before my father passed away and left my mother with one income.

The fact of the matter is- I had to move in here because I was evicted. I should be able to support MYSELF, and I have supported MYSELF for many, many years. Where I am living now, decent house or not, is because republicans are refusing to pass a clean bill to give EB to the people who deserve it. Don’t make threats to me sir, I’m sure there are dozens of attorneys ready to represent me pro bono concerning your defamation of my character.

40. Caroline

May 30, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Mr. LaRoque…apparently the feathers were fluffed. She is very dramatic with everything and has no clue of what she is talking about when it comes to other ppls lives. She can only ‘guess’ what the real world is up too. I sure could used them Food Stamps any day of the week she s talking about, but gaming the system is not Christ like thing to do. Don’t you just love how she likes to use bigger numbers to make the story more interesting. She knows absolutely nothing about my life sir.

Did you notice that she failed to correct that she is living at a business and the work she did for you should of been a piece of cake. No she didn’t… now she is too busy trying to turn the attention off the subject onto another to rag on.

As bad as I hate to say this…. Mr. LaRaquo, she will try and bring you down for the rest of your life. Stalk, harrashing emails, and riding by at all hours of any given day or night. It ain’t over till the fat lady sings…

41. DizzyMissLizzy

May 30, 2011 at 10:44 pm

This is getting good. Where is my popcorn?

I am betting that Mr. LaRoque is telling the truth. It’s gonna be easy to track the phone calls.

42. Ginny

May 31, 2011 at 12:03 am

Susan,
    I will continue to pray for you!

43. DizzyMissLizzy

May 31, 2011 at 9:22 am

TY Ginny. Don’t forget to pray for yourself that you will eventually see the light.

44. Cinnamon Treadway

May 31, 2011 at 9:27 am

Juanita, (pseudonym Caroline) this thread is about EB and other than bashing your daughter-in-law, I really don’t see you addressing or contributing to the matter whatsoever. Just the fact that you’ve been admitted to Cherry Hospital twice and Dorothea Dix once for your mental breakdowns, not to mention arrested already for harassing me and offering someone $3000 to assassinate me…goes to show what kind of a person would defend LaRoque. So, if anyone needs to check their facts, I think it would be Mr. LaRoque, about you. If you’d like to talk about checking facts, let’s do so.

My mother does not operate Long’s Plant Farm. Kelly Griffin does. My mother does not do the hiring. Kelly Griffin does. My mother is an employee of Ms. Griffin who pays my mother a salary. Yes, my mother owns the land, and that is all. That, my sweet mother in law, is why I cannot work there. Ms. Griffin decides who works, not my mother. Check your facts and then get back to me. If anyone would like to see pictures of this “fancy” home I live in, check my facebook page in about an hour and I will upload them so you can see the “wealth” I live in.

Regardless of any of that, the point is that there is a bill being held up by the GOP passing a “clean” bill to extend the unemployment benefits, which your son, Juanita, would benefit from too, since his benefits were cut off April 16 and he was also evicted, along with your other son, his wife and 4 children. So, it’s extremely obvious that you really have no desire whatsoever to see the “right thing” done, the only reason you are on this thread at all is to continue your campaign against your daughter in law, which is, quite frankly, childish. You probably don’t even understand the issue involved, just found a new way to bash me so you hopped on the bandwagon. Nothing new…been doing this song and dance for 5 years now, which is why my husband has not spoken to you in years. In any case, the point is that both Dems and Pubs agree that it should be passed, but the Repubs want it attached to the budget, which has nothing to do with it. It is federal money, would cost the state not a dime, and Mr. LaRoque is one of these republicans blaming us for not working. But what I don’t get is…if they are willing to pass it as long as their demand about the budget cuts gets passed, then why is he complaining? It’s all good and fine as long as the pubs get what they want. Even if I was the sorriest sorrier in sorry-town, and had been on food stamps 110 years, what does that have to do with the fact that I worked, was laid off, received unemployment, and am requesting the bill that both parties have agreed on being passed without further adieu and political one-upmanship? That is the point of this thread, ma’am. Instead of making it a Treadway-bashing-party, why not act like you have a bit more than that eighth grade education you have and keep it based on the EB, shall we?

45. Jack

May 31, 2011 at 12:27 pm

So, what was the point of all this? To prove how easily we’re distracted from an issue?

46. caroline thumbsup

May 31, 2011 at 12:55 pm

You are scared I see. Not only are you bashing LaRoque, now you are making up more lies to keep your end more interesting. I hope the MIL is keeping notes and God will get you on judgment day.

47. Jeff

May 31, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Anyone else notice that her email designates her name as “Cinnamon”? I think this may be correlated to her job difficulties. Maybe not, but it’s….interesting.

48. Cinnamon Treadway

May 31, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Yeah, I’m kind of done commenting on this Juanita. You’ve threatened and harassed your son and me for 5 years. Trust me when I say, LaRoque’s assistant was on this at the crack of dawn this morning trying to dig up dirt. Had he found any, we would have heard by now. But there’s not, so that’s why there’s silence. It’s 1 pm. With his clout, he could have found out anything he wanted about me in 10 minutes. Notice he’s said nothing. The only one that is lying here is you. And please don’t make me laugh about being judged on judgment day. You are on here talking all grades of crap about your own daughter in law, and have the nerve to tell me God will judge me? Yes he will honey. And he will judge you too. Remember that. I won’t be checking this thread again. If you have anything more to say, you know my phone number and I give you permission to call me, or email me. Saw your son also sent an email to you yesterday too. Might want to check your junk folder. Anyways, please enjoy yourself while you sit on your computer all day attacking me; as for me, I’ve got resumes to send out. :D

49. Cinnamon Treadway

May 31, 2011 at 1:12 pm

LOL…Jeff, you’re right…I get asked all the time if “I’m a stripper.” Actually, I go by Kathryn at work, to avoid all the teasing.

50. DizzyMissLizzy

May 31, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I am not sure that is what Jeff meant, but, if not, it is funny that you thought of that yourself.

If it was, it is still funny, because most people would have had no idea what he meant and you picked right up on it.

51. Ginny

June 1, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Susan, hmmm you replied to me under DizzyMissLizzy……Should I call you Susan, DizzyMiss
    Lizzy or Mrs. LaRoque???? It is really easy for you to sit there and say the things you say when you are working at a business your husband owns now isn’t it????? Its not like you will ever lose your job unless his business goes under! You can have your opinion but it really doesn’t hold much water considering the source of it!

52. DizzyMissLizzy

June 1, 2011 at 2:26 pm

He is not my husband, but I do love him, Chris Christie and other Repubs who call people out when they need it. There are definitely not enough of them around–ergo, the nanny state.

BTW, you can call me Al.

53. Ginny

June 1, 2011 at 5:53 pm

uh huh….ok…lol

54. poisonedhooch

June 1, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I reckon ole missus LaRoque done waltzed over here parading in here heirs. We get to giggling over on the Free Mess when she calls herself dizzymisslizzy over there. Ya’ll know its cause she’s mighty hungry starving herself trying to stay purty. Now mame you know right well you’re living in a house of cards. Tell massah we all be watching how hard he’s workin’ for us up there in Raleigh. Now look, we done told him but now if David needs a ride home, we’ll send somebody after him.

55. [...] had gotten a lot of attention a month ago last month for his angry response to a Goldsboro woman who pleaded with LaRoque to restore unemployment benefits for herself and thousands of other North [...]