Congresswoman Renee Ellmers revives death panel lie

US Rep. Renee Ellmers is no stranger to stretching the truth. But now that she is on the defensive for supporting the budget proposals of Rep. Paul Ryan, proposals that would turn Medicare into a voucher program, she is telling some of the biggest whoppers of her career. In this short clip she tries to revive the death panel lie, telling her audience in Rocky Mount that a physician will have to submit a request to a 15 person panel before performing surgery.

YouTube Preview Image

1. Adam Searing

July 6, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Unbelievable that she is getting away with scaring seniors on Medicare like this. This should be national news.

2. JeffS

July 6, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I wonder how many times her husband’s staff has called an insurance company before he would perform a procedure?

The self-serving lies are so transparent, but are eagerly devoured by their “fans” who apparently can’t be bothered to educate themselves on the issues.

3. Kate

July 6, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I’m her constituent. I just sent her an email asking her to quote me, chapter and verse, the provision in the ACA she is referring to. I’ll be happy to share any illuminating response I receive from the Congresswoman.

4. Paula Wolf

July 7, 2011 at 10:23 am

It’s a crime to lie to Congress, but it’s not a crime for Members of Congress to lie to the people.

5. Adam Linker

July 7, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Thanks Kate.

6. gregory goolishian

July 14, 2011 at 11:49 am

Thanks kate. But my experience is she will not respond.

7. […] on July 14, 2011 by Adam Linker No Comments We pointed out here that Rep. Renee Ellmers told a big, bold lie about health reform at a June 29 speech in front of a chamber crowd in Rocky Mount. At the forum […]

8. […] Post on July 19, 2011 by Adam Linker No Comments At a forum in Rocky Mount, Rep. Renee Ellmers told an audience that under health reform, a physician would have to submit surgery requests to an unelected 15 […]