No related posts.

Read More...' />

1. Frances Jenkins

September 21, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Progressive Pulse models some of their headlines after the Joe McCarthy style. You want to scare the “h” out of people with no facts.

2. Rob Schofield

September 22, 2011 at 7:16 am

Frances, Frances, Frances. You are a piece of work.

I am glad you agree that McCarthy was a bad guy. Not always sure with folks on the right.

And I can see how that headline is pretty scary given the objectives of the Pope groups when it comes to essential public structures and systems.

The story does have a lot of very disturbing facts, however – things like thousands of job and class seat losses. Still don’t understand why you and your friends want to slash higher education — i.e. one of North Carolina’s best hopes for building a competitive 21st Century workforce and economy.

3. jlp75

September 22, 2011 at 8:00 am

Probably because the uneducated lap up the simple minded Republican propaganda. More uneducated = more votes.

4. david esmay

September 22, 2011 at 9:09 am

Frances, we have one son who’s a junior at Chapel Hill, luckily he is on an academic scholarship, my wife works, but I lost my job, we can barely afford to keep him there. Raising tuition would have devastating affects on in-state enrollment, it doesn’t affect the wealthy. I know from your posts higher education is this mysterious, evil, elitist machine that conspires with liberals to control all things. What would you propose, a Dickensian world where only the wealthy are afforded an education and the rest of us go to a work house, or a mill? Since you obviously don’t enjoy reading, I suggest you watch Oliver! several times and it will enlighten you as to the world republicans envision. State universities are public schools, they’re supposed to provide an affordable higher education, that’s why they exist, they are inclusive, not exclusive private schools.

5. JeffS

September 22, 2011 at 10:52 am

I think you owe me an apology for the redirect to WRAL. Why is it that I always forget that I’m not supposed to read the comments section there. I’ve yet to determine what it is about that site that brings out the worst from our community.

6. Frances Jenkins

September 22, 2011 at 10:02 pm

David, David, David,

You are so smart and have read so many big books. It appears you know so much. Your poverty story does not touch my heart. We are trying to get food out to families over the weekend in order children do not go hungary. The people in my circle have never heard of Chapel Hill.