If this is the best they can come up with…

If you’re looking for something to get you both fired up and encouraged this afternoon, check out this new “report” from the fun people at the North Carolina Family Policy Council.

In it, you’ll learn why the marriage discrimination amendment is simply a modest effort to respond to the diabolical plot launched by “homosexual rights activists” who want to destroy marriage by, uh, allowing people to get married.

Seriously, once you stop laughing and crying at the utter vacuousness of this document, you’re sure to feel better — if for no other reason than this: If this nonsense is the best that the pro-discrimination forces can come up with, there’s got to be some real hope for the 2012 vote.

1. HunterC

September 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Massachusetts was the first state to recognize marriage equality. It has the lowest divorce rate in the nation.

Tell me again what needs to happen in NC to keep the divorce rate down?

2. Rob Schofield

September 26, 2011 at 2:52 pm

We don’t need no stinkin’ facts in this debate, Hunter.

3. jlp75

September 26, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I couldn’t even finish it. Once I got to the attack on marriage part, I had enough. As a heterosexual in a straight marriage, I do not feel any threat to my marriage if homosexuals are allowed to marry. I do not understand what all the outrage is about, nor the need for this silly amendment. If you don’t like gay marriage, don’t have one. If these people truly believed in freedom and liberty, they would not be forcing their will on others.

4. Stephanie Bass

September 26, 2011 at 3:35 pm

What is the deal with the artwork? Purple feathered masks with rhinestones? Really? That kinda tipped me off as to the logical, factual nature of the content….

5. Rob Schofield

September 26, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Yeah, my eyebrows noticed that as well.

6. James

September 26, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Thanks for digging this up. Hat tip here.

7. Rob Schofield

September 26, 2011 at 4:16 pm

The videos are hilarious and disturbingly accurate, James. Always a highlight of my day.