Three jobs proving tough for Tedesco

Under the Dome reports this morning that Tea Partying Wake County School Board member John Tedesco is finding it tough to run for state office and fulfill his obligations to the citizens of Wake County.

This morning he apparently skipped a Board function to go to Winston-Salem to speak at a Tea Party co-sponsored forum for GOP state Superintendent candidates.

As we’ve also noted here recently, it doesn’t appear that his paying job is getting a whole lot of attention either.

1. jlp75

March 28, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Well hopefully the voters will soon fire him from two of them. If that happens his benefactors will not see any value in paying him for the third. Problem solved. Get to the polls in November and tell Tedesco he’s fired.

2. Frank Burns

March 28, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I reckon they are all using Obama (Campaigner in Chief) as their example.

3. Rob Schofield

March 28, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Dear Frank —

We’re very happy about your recent discovery of The Progressive Pulse. Unlike the Locke Foundation, which long banned comments on its blog, we have always welcomed paticipation from all people who are willing to be reasonably civil even people who see it as their mission in life to give us grief.

It’s also good to know there are hardworking people out there in the dog-eat-dog private sector who have time to post 58 hostile comments in just over a month. It puts the lie to the notion that all conservative blog commenters are disaffected losers sitting in their basements in their underwear.

So, while you are welcome to continue, let me ask you as a personal favor to at least try to take a stab, at least occasionally, at thinking before you hit the “post comment” button.

The abjectly silly comment above is a case in point.

As I’m sure you would realize if you considerd the matter for a moment, all politicians, really by definition, are in a state of permanent campaign. The Prez is no exception and is following in the footprints of masters from both parties.That’s a given.

The point of the post above, however, was to call attention to a politician who is ignoring the job he has in order to run for ANOTHER one — a politician, I might add, who’s been repeatedly critical of school teachers for not working hard enough in their jobs. Moroever, this same man, holds himself out as leading a nonprofit that is paying him a handsome full-time salary. This group has produced essentially nothing in nine months of operation.

So, bottom line: You’re welcome to keep ‘em coming. And if you like,you can continue to take silly and gratuituous shots at President Obama. I can assure you they’re not having any impact.

But if you want to rise above the court jester role that you currently play on this blog, I would urge you to try to stick to things of which you have at least some knowledge. And Wake County politics is clearly not one of them.

4. Frank Burns

March 28, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Dear Rob,
    I assure you I have been thinking and I have never in my lifetime (goes back to Truman) have I ever seen a president campaign as much as Obama does. I agree that I don’t know much about Wake politics but the parallel to Obama seemed compelling enough to me. My comments have an impact for myself in relieving the tension and aggravation that I receive from having a president who totally lacks leadership skills and spends so much time doing campaigning when he should be doing his job which we pay him for.

5. jlp75

March 28, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Dear Frank,

This is not an article about the President. Try to stay on topic.

6. gregflynn

March 28, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I distinctly remember the President George W Bush coming to Raleigh for a Town Hall meeting at Memorial Auditorium when tickets had to be obtained from Republican Party HQ. The statement that you have never in your lifetime “seen a president campaign as much” probably has more to do with the internet and the news cycle than anything else. I can assure you from personal observation in Wake County that John Tedesco is highly attuned to both.