Tired of hearing only about hydraulic fracking as the solution to North Carolina’s future energy needs? Well this evening you can learn about offshore wind power in a special community forum at Meredith College.
Marcilynn Burke, Acting Assistant Secretary at the Department of the Interior, will be here to talk about North Carolina’s offshore wind resource. Ms. Burke oversees the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, which has jurisdiction over offshore wind leases.
- Rep. Deborah Ross, NC House of Representatives
- Art Howard, Award Winning Photographer and Videographer
- John Williams, Assistant Secretary for Energy, NC Department of Commerce
- Brian O’Hara, President of the North Carolina Offshore Wind Coalition
- Dr. John Bane, Distinguished Professor of Marine Sciences at UNC Chapel Hill
The forum is timely, as the first lease blocks in federal waters off North Carolina’s coast may become available this year.
Tonight’s presentation, which runs from 7:00pm – 8:30pm, is sponsored by the NC Sierra Club, Meredith College, and Interfaith Power & Light.