Rally today at the General Assembly

If you can, please take a few minutes out of your day today to join with caring and thoughtful people to help hold the out-of-control General Assembly accountable at a “Rein them in Rally.”

When: Today — Monday, April 23 at 11:00 A.M.

Where: In front of the General Assembly building on Jones Street in Raleigh.

For more information and to RSVP, please visit the rally website. See you there!

1. Frank Burns

April 23, 2012 at 8:51 am

Is “caring and thoughtful people” code words for professional protestors?

2. david esmay

April 23, 2012 at 8:53 am

Do you mean newly unemployed teachers, Frank?

3. Rob Schofield

April 23, 2012 at 8:55 am

No. Unlike the right-wing groups that have to use all sorts of code words to disguise their appeals to racism, homophobia, etc…, we just try to say what we mean.

4. Frank Burns

April 23, 2012 at 9:26 am

Rob,
    Give me a break, I almost spit out my coffee when I saw that. The leftwing parses terms all the time to meet the current politically correct meanings. When one term falls out of fashion due to it not being true, the left renames it to fit their current talking points. An example is global warming, then climate change, then climate disruption, etc. Do you remember the meaning of is?

It would be interesting to interview each protestor and see who is buttering their bread.

5. Rob Schofield

April 23, 2012 at 9:28 am

I’m genuinely sorry that you are so uninformed, my friend.

6. Jack

April 23, 2012 at 9:40 am

Thanks Frank for showing that you’re unfamiliar with people exercising their First Amendment Right to Free Speech and see it as some sort of bread-buttering manipulative conspiracy plot.

7. Frank Burns

April 23, 2012 at 9:51 am

Jack,
    Maybe I’m being cynical but I have seen evidence of people being paid to protest as the leftwing advocacy group issues them the signs to hold and told what to say. That to me is not legitimate protest.

8. Jack

April 23, 2012 at 10:13 am

What one sees and how one interprets it is subjective at best and therefore an opinion. What ones sees requires facts, from a number of participants, to provide a context of the action or event before it can be considered evidence.

9. Frank Burns

April 23, 2012 at 10:31 am

Jack,
    Good point, but when those participants hide the facts, then it is difficult for the truth to be found.

10. david esmay

April 23, 2012 at 11:13 am

Frank, are you referring to the Koch funded and orchestrated tea party rallies and protests?