There is a helpful website for folks converging on Charlotte this weekend to demonstrate against Bank of America — it’s called www.ncagainstcorporatepower.org .
This is from the site:
“On May 6-9 people from across the country and world will be converging in Charlotte, NC, home of Bank of America’s Headquarters and their annual Shareholder meeting, to demand an end to their practices that are bankrupting our economy and wrecking our climate.
Homeowners, students, immigrants, environmentalists, workers, women’s groups, peace activists and more will be in Charlotte, bringing their stories, hearts and communities to the fight against Bank of America and the economic inequality, racial injustice and environmental destruction they have wrought.
Bank of America is:
- #1 forecloser of homes in the US,
- #1 funder of the US coal industry,
- Job killer by letting go of nearly 100,000 workers over the past several years,
- Bonus Buster paying its top five executives over $500 million in bonuses,
- Saddling students with a lifetime of debt, and
- Financing the war machine.”