- The Progressive Pulse - http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org -
Got questions about today’s primary?
Posted By Clayton Henkel On May 8, 2012 @ 8:21 am In Uncategorized | Comments Disabled
With the large number of changes in district lines, chances are there will be some confusuion at the polls today. And the good folks at Democracy NC  have a primer to help minimize any problems:
‘You can help prevent confusion and mistakes at the polls that could cost people their vote. There are four ways to protect yourself and others:
1. Be prepared. Preview your ballot before you vote by clicking here . Use the same link to find your polling place and a guide to the candidates. Also, by seeing which candidates should appear on your ballot, you’ll know there’s a problem if you get a different ballot at the polls. 
2. Report problems. If you get the wrong ballot, have a question or experience any problem when you vote, call this hotline: 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683). Please pass the Election Protection Hotline on to others via Facebook, etc.
3. Oppose trickery. I recommend you Vote AGAINST the so-called “marriage amendment.” It’s not really about marriage because it redefines “domestic unions” in a way that affects all unwed couples, straight or gay, their children, visitation and custody rights, insurance, domestic violence protection, and more. The language is too tricky  to put in the Constitution.
4. Give the sign. Print out the Election Protection sign at this link  and give it to a volunteer handing out materials outside the polling place; encourage them to attach it to their table or keep the number in case their supporters have problems. The 866-OUR-VOTE Hotline is staffed all day on May 8 by a public service program at UNC-CH Law School.’
And just a reminder that polls will be open until 7:30 p.m. this evening.
Article printed from The Progressive Pulse: http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org
URL to article: http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2012/05/08/got-questions-about-todays-primary/
URLs in this post:
 Democracy NC: http://www.democracy-nc.org
 Preview your ballot before you vote by clicking here: http://ncelectionconnection.com/voting-in-nc/your-ballot/
 Image: http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Copy-of-outcome3.jpg
 too tricky: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/05/06/2048729/amendment-wording-redistricting.html
 at this link: http://democracy-nc.org/downloads/ElectionProtectionSign.pdf
Copyright © 2014 The Progressive Pulse. All rights reserved.