EAt LeS ChiKiN?

“If only the execs at Mickie D’s and Burger King would say something hateful and intolerant!” This is the thought that has to be running through the mind of many a Triangle-area progressive these days.

With two of the area’s tastiest and unhealthiest fast food joints (Snoopy’s and Chick-Fil-A) having recently added their names to the list of “Intolerant, right-wing eatery chains to be avoided” — a list that has at one time or another included such stalwarts of bigotry and reaction as Domino’s Pizza, Cracker Barrel, Wendy’s and the west coast burger joint, Carl’s Jr. — it’s starting to feel as if there might really be a way to make some lemonade out of lemons here. I mean, if just a few more owners of some of these junk food palaces will come forward to issue their own knuckleheaded pronouncements, a lot of  progressives might really make some headway in their efforts to eat and live healthier.

Who knows?  Without so much salt, sugar and fat coursing through their veins, a lot of caring and thinking people might even find themselves out-arguing and even outliving their conservative adversaries

Hmmm…come to think of it, if we could just get some other fast food chains to make some hateful comments about folks on the right, we might actually be on to doing something about the national obesity epidemic and rein in health care costs!

Anyway, just a thought. Let us know if we’ve forgotten any food joints that belong on the list.

(Image courtesy of the folks at Think Progress).

1. Frank Burns

August 1, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I hate to break it to you, but contrary to your self image, conservatives like to eat healthy too and believe it or not, they are also caring and thinking people. I reckon we’ll be living as long as you do and continue to argue against progressive policies in our advanced ages.

2. Rob Schofield

August 1, 2012 at 4:34 pm

As usual my friend, you’ve read more into this post than is there and taken it way too seriously. :)

3. Jack

August 1, 2012 at 5:03 pm

What did you expect from the people at Chick-fil-A? They’ve had those chicken bigot cows working their advertising campaign for years. It was only a matter of time.

4. Paula

August 3, 2012 at 1:10 am

Hey Brice Horton, Well you must be the crazy little misguided unloved liberal whack job they referred to on the news that has to lash out to the rest of the world with crazed anger to try to quell the pain in your life by denegrading an establishment that has family values like Chick-fil-A. Chick-fil-a stated what they’re values are, see they don’t look down on people if they’re beliefs aren’t the same as theirs. They hire ladies and gents that are gay, and if you listened to Hannity you would have heard the interveiw with a gay. Hate and uninformed misguided stupidity is for some reason the “job” of the liberal. You know what, I am a direct descendant of Nathaniel Greene and over the last 200 years our family has had many people fight and die in wars Major Generals, aviators and others. If you don’t like this country then get the hell out of it because we don’t a little bitter psych case backside here. Better yet why don’t you o.d. or do the honorable thing and run upon a sword. You didn’t study your history very well, mainly the 1930’s, you are playing a very dangerous game. You are making UNCW look stupid. I can only wonder what your parents are like, I wonder if they are as dangerous as you. And I am sure you don’t have they balls to keep this post up, if you are the frightened little woos I think you are it will be gone tomorrow. If I where an alumi of UNCW I would not donate one red cent to this school until you were tossed out on your panty waste little butt.

5. Ricky Leung

August 3, 2012 at 10:01 am

Hey Paula, the only people who denigrated Chick-fil-A were Truett and Dan Cathy.

And for someone who praises Chick-fil-A for not looking “down on people if they’re beliefs aren’t the same as theirs” and says “Hate and uninformed misguided stupidity is for some reason the “job” of the liberal,” pretty much every sentence you wrote was full of hate.

And I hope they keep your comment up so we can show the world how much hate you have.

6. Grace

August 3, 2012 at 2:13 pm

@Paula. My mother used to say that nothing good happens after midnight. In your case, that would appear to be all too true.

7. david esmay

August 3, 2012 at 4:50 pm

@Paula, Have your meds worn off? What point are you trying to make by incoherently babbling about Hannity? Reading your ridiculous post made me do a spit take on my screen, funniest bunch of nonsense I’ve read since Michele Bachmann and Louie Gohmert decided they could write a letter. You have got to be related to Frances Jenkins. What is ” little bitter psych case backside”, that is a head scratcher?