Top of the morning

It turns out that Rep. Paul Ryan was one of those members of Congress blasting the stimulus package in public and trying to get some of the money for his district in private.

It’s also interesting that he is cast as a small government deficit hawk when his budget would actually increase the deficit, not mention that he voted for TARP, the bailout of the auto industry, and George Bush’s prescription drug program for Medicare, you know the program he now wants to dismantle.

Maybe it’s just me, but that seems like an odd resume for true fiscal conservative.

1. Frank Burns

August 14, 2012 at 9:41 am

It is just you. The left is never satisfied. They bemoan when conservatives don’t compromise then they deride conservatives when they do compromise to pass legislation. Compromise is how the system is supposed to work, sadly Obama never understood that.

2. gregflynn

August 14, 2012 at 11:09 am

Let us know when you plan to compromise. It won’t happen for another 100 years and we don’t want to miss it.

3. Frank Burns

August 14, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Greg, I’ve been married for 35 years, I know how to compromise.

4. Alex

August 14, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I’m still trying to find Joe Biden’s budget plan . Can someone help me ? Surely it wasn’t intended to run a $ 1.5 trillion deficit for the year !

5. david esmay

August 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm

After 13 years in congress, Ryan passed two bills, one naming a post office in his district, and one giving a tax break to American arrow makers ten years ago. Alex, well never mind, your comment is too stupid to waste time replying to.

6. Alex

August 14, 2012 at 10:20 pm

In other words david, everyone gets to criticize Paul Ryan when neither Obama or Biden have a plan to get us out of this mess,and could not get a budget approved for the last 3 years.Sheer hypocrisy on your part, but should I expect more ?