- The Progressive Pulse - http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org -
Obamacare: NC will have a health exchange next year, no question
Posted By Adam Searing On November 16, 2012 @ 1:40 pm In Uncategorized | Comments Disabled
The four main reasons why:
1. Despite the political posturing going on, Obamacare is a federal law, upheld by the US Supreme Court, and confirmed by the reelection of the President. NC must follow federal law and Obamacare will set up a health exchange for us if NC fails to do so.
2. Members of Congress and their staffs are required to switch from their federal plans and buy their health insurance through their state exchanges. Enough said.
3. It’s important for our NC small businesses and individuals who can’t buy affordable health coverage now. Starting mid-2013 individuals and businesses will be able to sign up for affordable coverage plans from private health insurers through the health exchange. Coverage starts January 1, 2014. The tax credits that help make coverage affordable will only be available on private plans bought through the exchange.
4. Get away from the partisanship and most people of either party I’ve talked to agree that it is better for NC to set up its own health exchange for its own people. Because of the timing we will start an exchange in partnership with the federal government, but any time NC is ready we can take over completely.
Article printed from The Progressive Pulse: http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org
URL to article: http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2012/11/16/obamacare-nc-will-have-a-health-exchange-next-year-no-question/
Copyright © 2013 The Progressive Pulse. All rights reserved.