- The Progressive Pulse - http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org -
NCIOM: Medicaid Expansion Saves NC $159 million over next two years; saves $65 million over next 10
Posted By Adam Searing On January 31, 2013 @ 5:35 pm In Uncategorized | Comments Disabled
Late today the NC Institute of Medicine released its comprehensive report on the Affordable Care Act and North Carolina. Full report is available here . A presentation on the costs of NC’s Medicaid expansion is here . The business consultants’ cost analysis is here . Key findings are that if NC expands Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act we will:
1. Create approximately 25,000 new jobs according to an independent consultant’s report.
2. Increase annual state GDP by $1.3 – $1.7 billion a year.
3. Increase total state revenues by $497 million by 2021.
4. Save $159 million over the next two years JUST BY EXPANDING MEDICAID (and $65 million overall for the next 10 years.)
So why aren’t we doing this again?
Article printed from The Progressive Pulse: http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org
URL to article: http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2013/01/31/nciom-medicaid-expansion-saves-nc-159-million-over-next-two-years-saves-65-million-over-next-10/
URLs in this post:
 here: http://www.nciom.org/publications/?examining-the-impact-of-the-patient-protection-and-affordable-care-act-in-north-carolina
 costs of NC’s Medicaid expansion is here: http://www.nciom.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/MedicaidExpansionOptionPP.pdf
 business consultants’ cost analysis is here: http://www.nciom.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Final-App-D-REMI-North-Carolina-Medicaid-Report-1-7-13-FINAL.pdf
Copyright © 2014 The Progressive Pulse. All rights reserved.