New Guv already “irrelevant”?

One of Western North Carolina’s keenest and, frequently, most biting political obervers is Jerry Williamson of the blog Watauga Watch. This week,Williamson has been taking the measure of North Carolina’s new governor as he completes his first month in office. The verdict: He is not, to say the least, overly-impressed.

“It took just three days for Pat McCrory to go from promising, young, forward-thinking Republican governor of North Carolina … to a bumbling cypher, ignored by his own Republican super-majority in the General Assembly and led into public blunders by operatives smarter than he.”

Read both of Williamson’s posts on this matter by clicking here: Part I. Part II.

1. david esmay

February 5, 2013 at 12:49 pm

McCrory reminds me more and more of Brick Tamland, the mentally challenged meteorologist in “Anchorman”.

2. Alex

February 5, 2013 at 4:20 pm

When talking about Brick Tamland, I immediately think of the clueless Chuck Hagel. Now there’s a case of the elevator not going to the top !

3. jlp75

February 5, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I wasn’t aware that Republican elevators were capable of going to the top.

4. Alex

February 5, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I think it shows a serious lack of judgment on Obama’s part to nominate this guy who is not even liked by people in his own party.

5. david esmay

February 6, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Hagel’s a Republican and as a human, that would be a complement.

6. JWW

February 6, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Thanks for the shout-out, Rob!

7. Jeff S

February 6, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I remain at a loss as to why so many people expected more from McCrory.

To repeat myself, he sold out years ago. He is a mouthpiece to the party line, and a rubber stamp for the legislature, though I do expect them to throw him a softball to veto soon so he can “prove” his independence.

What he may or may not think will have little to nothing to do with his actions. Whatever. Keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and you will continue to be disappointed.

8. david esmay

February 7, 2013 at 9:01 am

The GOP only wanted someone smart enough to hold a pen and sign his name to legislation.