Have a Budweiser this weekend to toast Busch brewing heir

Who said fabulously rich people don’t occasionally do and say some really smart things? As the Huffington Post reports:

WASHINGTON — Adolphus Busch IV, heir to the Busch family brewing fortune, resigned his lifetime membership in the National Rifle Association on Thursday, writing in a letter to NRA President David Keene, “I fail to see how the NRA can disregard the overwhelming will of its members who see background checks as reasonable.”

The resignation, first reported by KSDK, came a day after the Senate rejected a series of amendments to a gun control bill, including a bipartisan deal to expand background checks for gun sales. The NRA had vigorously opposed all those measures.

“The NRA I see today has undermined the values upon which it was established,” wrote Busch. “Your current strategic focus clearly places priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions of your 4 million individual members.”

Read the entire story by clicking here.

1. Sean D Sorrentino

April 19, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Good riddance. We don’t need pretend friends of the Second Amendment. Losing him won’t harm the NRA, might harm InBev, the current owners of Budweiser, and will totally mess up PBR, the beer of hipster gun haters everywhere.

2. wncgirl

April 19, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Wow a business owner with ethics… not something you see everyday. And Sean if you want to be a bootlicker for the gun manufactuers.. go ahead, some of us like to make our own decisions; not be led down the yellow brick road by propaganda and fascists organizations like the NRA… I grew up hunting.. even learned a thing or two from old eddie eagle… used to belong to the NRA till I grew up and learned to think and read… I am not so eager to give up my personal freedoms to the NRA. I will have my guns and you are more than welcome to register them ask for ID when I buy one -run a background check on me… had to have one for my C&C anyway… so what exactly are Republicans afraid of ?… I think it is because they know white males commit the majority of violent crimes in this country and the most violent and stupid of these cowards are their bagger base, so they must protect the criminals in their parties so these manly men can continue to put the lil woman or the pesky kids (their own or the ones in hoodies with candy)in their place.. only they are so far down the chain of manliness they need a gun to command even the slightest bit of attention from most rational people …

3. Doug

April 19, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Moderator…..is the wncgirl post racist? We need a racism ruling ASAP!

“it is because they know white males commit the majority of violent crimes in this country and the most violent and stupid of these cowards are their bagger base, so they must protect the criminals in their parties so these manly men can continue to put the lil woman or the pesky kids”

I only ask because I had my hand slapped for similar pasts on a “chosen group” just last week…and I need to know should I get out the hypocracy detector? Or am I allowed to actaully point out which chosen group is actaully commiting most violent crimes?

4. Doug

April 19, 2013 at 2:49 pm

5. NoGOPinNC

April 19, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Are you one of those who try racist when you call out a non-minority
    ? Try again

6. Doug

April 22, 2013 at 2:37 pm

What the heck are you talking about….are you drunk? That sentence makes no sense.