Christensen blasts five pro-corruption, anti-democracy proposals
In case you missed it over the holiday weekend, Raleigh News & Observer columnist Rob Christensen had an excellent column that took state lawmakers to task for five proposals that will adversely impact the quality of North Carolina’s democracy:
- The proposed demise of SBI independence,
- The end of publicly-financed judicial campaigns,
- The proposed expansion of political patronage hiring,
- Expanded secrecy in personnel grievance proceedings, and
- Making it harder for average citizens to vote.
As Christensen notes:
“The Republicans came into office as reformers promising a broom to clean up the mess left by the Democrats. As my mom liked to say, the proof is in the pudding.”
He might have added that right now, the pudding is watery and tastes lousy. Read the entire column by clicking here.