Hickory Public Schools has had to make a long list of cuts thanks to the 2013-15 education budget passed by state lawmakers.
HPS officials reported the following list of cuts to NC Policy Watch:
- Eliminated 12 teacher assistant positions
- Eliminated 2 administrative services clerical positions
- Froze 1 vacant position in the technology department
- Eliminated 1 school clerical position
- Reduced months of employment for grounds keeper maintenance position
- Eliminated 2 data manager positions, Southwest and Longview to share position and Oakwood and HCAM to share position
- Teacher assistants to work student instructional days only
- Eliminated one-half social worker position at HCAM
- Eliminated 1.5 ESL positions
- Eliminated 0.5 ESL interpreter position
- Eliminated administrative curriculum coach at HCAM
- Eliminated part-time administrative services curriculum coach
- Reduced instructional supply allotments
Hickory Public Schools joins a growing list of school districts that have been forced to make difficult cuts as the 2013-14 school year approaches.