Gov McCrory: Because DHHS Sec. is so wealthy she can work for $1/yr don’t criticize her!

joe cooper and wosYes, as Chris Fitzsimon outlined in his column this morning, that’s Governor McCrory’s argument:

McCrory told a crowd of business leaders in Jackson County this week that he stood behind his cabinet and said he would hold them up against the board of directors of any private corporation in America. He singled out Wos specifically for praise, saying “Aldona Wos is working for one dollar a year and here she is being attacked and attacked and attacked and it just amazes me.”

Sorry, Governor. When the person you picked to run the biggest state agency, responsible for the health of millions of our poorest and most vulnerable citizens, isn’t doing a good job then I don’t care  she is so wealthy she can afford to work for $1 a year – I’m going to criticize her.

1. Jack

September 14, 2013 at 11:10 am

To work for a dollar a year is an insult to the people she was appointed to serve.

I guess she can say to them “See, my pay shows I live way under the poverty level too and I make ends meet. It’s touch I know but not impossible.”

2. Frances Jenkins

September 15, 2013 at 9:00 am

The insult is the dishonest reporting by Chris Fritzsimon and PP about DHHS. I challenge these folks who pretend to help the poor and search for truth to tell the public how many midnight appointees of Bev are now working in DHHS? How many of the folks are overpaid? How many of the midnight employees are not qualified for their positions? Why have you ignored this aspect of the problem at DHHS ? What is the cost of this high level midnight appointments to the state? Why would these midnight employees be allowed to stay when they have cost the state million of dollars with their past work for the state? The lack of fair and balanced reporting by Chris and PP is troubling. The question as to why not report about the midnight appointees deserves more investigation How long does it take Chris to get an update from of those midnight appointees of Bev’s?

3. gregflynn

September 15, 2013 at 9:34 am

If you have specific information please share it. Otherwise you’re either blowing smoke or inhaling too much.

4. Alan

September 15, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Frances,

Any names and positions, and salaries, of the folks you mention?

5. Frances Jenkins

September 15, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Bull crap, you people know exactly who these people are. They share information with you ever day, every hour, every minute.

6. david esmay

September 15, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Frances, those are voices inside your head.

7. Alan

September 15, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Frances,

Since you apparently know who the people are, then why not share the data? I for one have NO IDEA, but would love for you to enlighten us.