More NC success on www.healthcare.gov

A commenter on my recent post about the Charlotte Observer’s article profiling the success on healthcare.gov of five health plan consumers had this to say:

I don’t know too much about insurance but I know enough to read and think for myself. So..I
tried to enroll today with ACA. no problems, and took 40 minutes. Compared to BCBS NC plan I had at $1216.00 per month have I now have better plan by going through the exchange for $704.00 per month. Deductible went from $2500 to $1000. Copay dropped to $10.00. This new plan is with BCBS NC!! What a horrible experience it was for me to take some time to save thousands of dollars a year. And, I am not a Democrat!!

If you do not check out the ACA you are crazy. Educate yourself. BCBS NC told me I would lose my existing plan permanently if I chose a plan from the exchange. They didn’t tell me I would be shocked at the opportunities to get a better plan with BCBS NC for less if I went through the exchange. They don’t want you to shop around and hope the scare tactics will work. Ignorance is bliss.

1. GOP Rules

November 14, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Woo hoo! now there is one success story. We are at a .000001% success rate with this thing. Good times for all!

2. DCW

November 14, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Get used to the success stories (GOP Rules). “You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all the people all the time”. When people simply understand the financial benefit of how the ACA subsidy is set up for average household incomes even you may benefit from the ACA. Of course, NC politics is proud of ignoring the facts at the expense of the “average household”. If you don’t want to know the facts, don’t ever ask, and continue getting ripped off.

When you buy a car do you pay the highest price for the worst car or do you look for rebates, low interest financing, and good reviews? The buyer can now beware!! What is wrong with that?

3. SockPuppet #2

November 14, 2013 at 9:48 pm

And what have the GOP do in the last 10 years or so to extend access to helathcare in this country? Exactly….. nothing. What is the GOP plans for healthcare? Nobody knows, not even the GOP.

4. Frances Jenkins

November 15, 2013 at 6:10 am

Health Law Shakes the Presidency
    Health Care is a major setback for Democrats
    Democrats Run for Cover
    Democrats Begin To Revolt

Love the Headlines

5. Alan

November 15, 2013 at 7:02 am

Frances, pleass repost this when the 2014, and 2016 election results come in.

6. ML

November 15, 2013 at 2:03 pm

The ACA was created by republicans and touted by the heritage foundation in the 90′s and Mitt Romney in Massachusetts as a compromise to the single payer system. The ACA/Obamacare/Romneycare is more complicated than a single payer which is the driving force behind the complications and misunderstanding the law has caused but it is still better than the failure we had before where millions were left without healthcare or denied because of pre-existing conditions.

7. GOP Rules

November 15, 2013 at 3:43 pm

WOW Alan/ML. You are straining credibility there. If the GOP thought it was so good, why would a grand total of 0 vote for it? I love how now the Republicans are the ones who designed this thing, that is news to us.

And the fact that Romneycare happened in Mass. with of course democrats agreeing to it does not matter. It is more relevant to states vs. a whole federal system. If it was such a great idea and worked in Mass. then why was it not copied by other states? Because they knew it would not work there just like it is not working for the whole country. Which will lead Obama to the next thing, “single payer is the only thing that will work” will be the next mantra. It may be 10 years but mark my words, that will be what the democrat party brings out in the future.

8. ML

November 15, 2013 at 4:22 pm

It’s not new if it’s always been a conservative initiative. Plus I can’t wait for the single payer system you say is on the way. Tough buggies GOP aka civitas paid pawn

9. GOP Rules

November 15, 2013 at 4:25 pm

ML/Alan/Policywatch employee going by both names
    Enjoy your single payer system. Hopefully you can actually get healthcare when you need it. Maybe you won’t get caught up in the death panel decision that you are not valuable enough to society to consume limited healthcare.

10. ML

November 15, 2013 at 5:39 pm

You can get when you need it! Canada and the UK have it and when I was there it was no different than the normal run around you get here except its simple pay for, with your taxes.

11. DCW

November 15, 2013 at 7:20 pm

What mandatory insurance laws exist in the state of North Carolina?

In the state of North Carolina, all motor vehicles must carry liability insurance in the mandatory minimum amounts of $30,000/$60,000 for bodily injury, $25,000 for property damage, $30,000/$60,000 uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury, and $25,000 uninsured/underinsured motorist property damage liability.

I can’t beleive we are not revoking these mandatory laws that take away are freedom!!! Now is the time, we have a Republican controlled state. Let’s go GOP!!

12. LayintheSmakDown

November 17, 2013 at 10:19 am

Your comment does not bear out according to these articles in various mainstream media outlets. You must have been lucky in that you had a US healthcare policy that they knew would actually pay them so the medical people moved you to the front of the line.