Fitzsimon on McCrory’s mediocre first year

ICYMI, check out Chris Fitzsimon’s rundown of Pat McCrory’s first year as Governor of North Carolina. It’s long list of missteps that Chris lays out. Here’s the conclusion:

“One thing McCrory can’t change is that he is rightly perceived by the voters as a governor who at the very least allowed the Tea Party General Assembly to slash education funding, attack women’s rights, make it more difficult to vote, deny health care to 500,000 people by refusing Medicaid expansion, deny emergency unemployment benefits to 170,000 laid off workers, dismantle environmental protections, and give tax cuts to out of state corporations and the wealthy.

No wonder folks aren’t too thrilled with him. Nobody voted for McCrory to be a rubber stamp for the Tea Party element of the Republican Party now running the General Assembly.

So as 2013 draws to a close, it’s not the members of the media that are McCrory biggest problem, it is the radical policies of his administration and the Republican Party he leads. Here’s hoping that, somehow, a little more of that moderately conservative mayor appears in 2014. The state can’t stand too much more of this.”

- See more at: http://www.ncpolicywatch.com/2013/12/23/mccrorys-mediocre-2013/#sthash.B9eT1ElI.dpu

1. Stan

December 24, 2013 at 1:47 pm

McCrory’s accomplishments are hardly undistinguished or mediocre. He’s managed in one year of office to eradicate decades of social progress, deny 10′s of thousands adequate medical care, implement a regressive tax policy rewarding the rich and burdening the poor and middle class, restrict voting and voter registration to help his party stay in office in the future, arrested hundreds of peaceful citizens in the name of squelching their right to protest his policies, wantonly spent taxpayer’s monies on big salaries /awards for political sycophants, and worked to trash our environment. In my opinion.

2. LayintheSmakDown

December 25, 2013 at 10:59 am

Plus, even if his first year is only considered mediocre, it is a huge step up from the disasters of (in order) Hunt, Easley, and Perdue. That is quite the rouge’s gallery of ineptness and gross mismanagement.

3. Skeptic

December 25, 2013 at 8:01 pm

McCrory’s first year was not mediocre; it was Great. Great does not mean good.

4. LayintheSmakDown

December 26, 2013 at 8:41 am

Skeptic,
    That is going a bit far. McCrory definitely had a few mis-steps and you could tell it was only his first year in such a big job. It was well above mediocre, but certainly not great. If giving a grade, I would say B or B- which I can understand how that would look great when the last three governors were in reverse chronological order F–, F–, and F+.

5. ML

December 26, 2013 at 8:47 am

LSD fail…

If great doesn’t mean good then it means it was great bc of the destruction done to his and the entire Republican Party on a national stage. Unlike your previous 3 “F” governors who happen to be dems (duh) who never brought about such criticism.

I feel like if all you can do is bring up past govs you didn’t like solely bc of their party affiliation and raise zero positives from a generously labeled mediocre year by our present gov then you receive another F…

Thanks for playin toast.

6. LayintheSmakDown

December 26, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I did not say great does not mean good. I was not even sure what he meant.

And last I saw the democrat party is in the tank here in 2013 what with Obamacare crashing and burning and the way Obama’s lies have finally come out. Even the state controlled media is finding it hard to cover for him, and he and his ~35% approval rating is taking the democrat party down with him. You can have all the Moron Mondays you want, but it will be hard to overcome the destruction that had taken place nationally.

7. Skeptic

December 29, 2013 at 11:00 am

To reiterate: Great refers to magnitude. For God’s sake, LSD, surely you’ve read my posts this year. You know I hate the bast@rd.

8. LayintheSmakDown

December 30, 2013 at 11:09 am

I have not seen you very often, are you another less prolific PW intern along the lines of Alan/ML? If so you have not posted often enough…you must be the unpaid intern….or the Christmas vacation intern?

9. ML

December 30, 2013 at 11:51 am

LSD, it was clear you did not understand. It’s always clear that there is a GREAT (magnitude) amount of things you don’t understand.

10. LayintheSmakDown

December 30, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Well ML/Alan I am way behind you in misunderstanding things. Once you catch up to me then you can pipe up from the peanut gallery. Now go back to your cube an only come out when Fitzy or Shofield summon you.

11. LayintheSmakDown

December 30, 2013 at 8:43 pm

And as Alan/(ML?) likes to say then…..Skeptic is using the ubiquitous word salad…..or he is taking up the slack left by the absence of esmay.

12. Alan

December 30, 2013 at 10:47 pm

LSD is a paid troll from Civitas….

13. LayintheSmakDown

December 31, 2013 at 10:20 am

I’ve never mentioned or used word salad. So don’t lash out on me bc you got called out when you failed to comprehend simple word usage.

14. ML

December 31, 2013 at 10:20 am

15. LayintheSmakDown

December 31, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Since you and Alan are the same person I include both so you are not left out. But you do have your own word salad with extra nuts going on.

I for one cannot help that you liberals/progressives are not able to present thoughts in a rational well presented manner that a regular guy can understand…maybe more of you guys should have gone to something other than the government schools so that a comprehensible sentence can be written in the comments.

16. Alan

December 31, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Poor LSD, he’s getting really angry…. I just wish I had that Conservapedia home skoolin, then I could have went to Liburty YooNiversity, and undastood all that fancy colluge talkin he likes to doo.

17. ML

January 1, 2014 at 2:20 pm

I graduated NC State 2004 then Campbell Law 2013. Government Schools? Later Toast.

18. LayintheSmakDown

January 2, 2014 at 6:06 pm

I am not angry, just amused. And ML (Alan?), proof that even a great school makes mistakes on occasion.