Twelve images that told North Carolina’s story in 2013

Rob Schofield’s Weekly Briefing offers a month-by-month look at some of the decisions that forever changed North Carolina in 2013. We thought we’d also close out the year with a look back at 12 images that captured the year’s Moral Monday movement, which promises to resume in 2014.

12-1

12-1A 12-9 12-8 12-7 12-6 12-5 12-4 12-10 12-3 12-2 12-10A

1. GOP Rules

December 31, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Quite the rouge’s gallery of the detritus of NC….funny stuff.

2. Skeptic

December 31, 2013 at 3:49 pm

You forgot the one of Emmet Till’s murder.

3. LayintheSmakDown

December 31, 2013 at 4:56 pm

The 5th one down should be labelled Black,Phipps,Easley, and Perdue. Those are the stooges who devastated NC with their antics.

4. Alan

December 31, 2013 at 7:43 pm

And yet again, all LSD can do is spout about what happened (or didn’t) in the past.

LSD, are you sure none of this is Carters fault???

5. LayintheSmakDown

January 1, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I guess I sound like you guys then. If you look at the majority of posts here they spout off about what happened in the NCGA in the past couple of years….conveniently ignoring decades upon decades of your own side grossly mismanaging the government. Heck, this whole site is dedicated to what has happened in the past because I do not see any good ideas for what should happen!

And Obama does closely resemble Carter in ineptness so maybe there is some connection there. Let me think on that and get back to you.

6. CaringOne

January 1, 2014 at 6:18 pm

LayintheSmakDown, 3 wrongs do NOT make McCrory right.

7. Alan

January 2, 2014 at 11:43 am

LSD simply can’t hide his hatred of a black man in the White House. Pretty much sums up the current Republican Party.

8. GOP Rules

January 2, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Where was mention of race in anything LSD said? Or maybe you hold lowered expectations because Obama is an African American? That is truly despicable Alan/ML.

9. Alan

January 2, 2014 at 4:51 pm

GOP Rules,

I certainly haven’t ever lowered my expectations of President Obama, but your ludicrous comment is simply childish, at best.

Go back and review all the comments that have been posted here and you’ll see the bigotry at work, and barely hidden at that.

PS. ML and I are two separate people.

10. LayintheSmakDown

January 2, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Alan/ML,
    Your acccusation is the ludicrous one…the typical straw man you guys put up when you have no concrete answer. How about you link to something “racist” he posted since you evidently have so many examples?

And if you look back in the archives…you will find where ML(alan) posted the exact same post within two minutes. That is where you messed up.

11. Alan

January 3, 2014 at 7:19 am

LSD, really, the “straw man” argument, again?

Oh, and the comment regarding racist (or barely hidden racist comments) were yours, not GOP Rules. Read the comments.

PS. ML and I are two seperate people, I know you have trouble understanding that…since you just confused GOP Rules and yourself, perhaps you are the one who has messed up?

12. LayintheSmakDown

January 3, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Alan/ML,
    I have read every one of my comments. No racism found…..so I guess in addition to EIC duties you have become the resident race card dealer too. Great “promotion” too bad it is the joker card, but at least it has your picture on it!