[This post has been updated] No, that headline is not a typo. The Senate Education Committee passed a bill this afternoon with less than two minutes of discussion that would require the following items to be taught in American history classes in the state:
- Constitutional limitations on government power to tax and spend and prompt payment of public debt.
- Money with intrinsic value.
- Strong defense and supremacy of civil authority over military.
- Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none.
- Eternal vigilance by “We the People.”
And after this, look a for a proposal to require students to be taught the 800 number for investing in Glenn Beck’s latest gold scam.
That 800 number might also be useful for deciphering what in the heck such a bizarre set of requirements even means.