Gov. McCrory concedes election in video message

After nearly a month of contesting the results of the Nov. 8 election, Gov. Pat McCrory conceded to Attorney General Roy Cooper in a video message Monday.

The concession begins at about the 38 second mark.

“I personally believe that the majority of our citizens have spoken,” McCrory said in the video. “And we now should do everything we can to support the 75th governor of North Carolina, Roy Cooper.”

“The McCrory administration team will assist in every way to help the new administration make a smooth transition,” McCrory said.

The concession came as Durham County was completing the partial recount ordered last week by the State Board of Elections.

YouTube Preview Image

Top Stories from NCPW

  • News
  • Commentary

Members of the UNC-Chapel Hill journalism school faculty overwhelmingly reject the notion that a meg [...]

Tests show high PFAS levels at site that received contaminated soil from massive Colonial Pipeline s [...]

Last month the North Carolina Senate passed a bill that would eliminate the state corporate income t [...]

Why would public defenders representing patients want a requirement that prosecutors be present? Eac [...]

While state leaders idle, thousands remain stuck on waiting list for decades A few weeks ago, I felt [...]

As P.T. Barnum is so famously credited with observing a century and half ago, Americans can be a sur [...]

The post The new political witch hunt appeared first on NC Policy Watch. [...]

On a sunny Wednesday a little over a month ago, my 7-year-old daughter bravely held my hand as we wa [...]